Varicose veins are a dangerous and insidious disease, which in its advanced stage is fraught with trophic ulcers and thrombophlebitis, up to amputation of the limbs. With the appearance of the first signs of the disease, the treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies can help - with the help of herbal decoctions, tinctures and ointments.
What are varicose veins in the legs?
Many older people are well aware of what varicose veins are, although this disease is manifesting itself more and more in young people. We are talking about swelling of the subcutaneous veins, mainly on the legs, the veins swell and become cyanotic, protrude like bumps. When the stage is advanced, cracks and pigment spots appear, venous "clusters" grow, which burst on impact.
It is necessary to use folk remedies for varicose veins of the lower extremities already at the first characteristic symptoms:
- pain and fatigue in the legs;
- swelling of the feet;
- night cramps;
- bulging veins;
- bruises and red spots.
Is it possible to cure varicose veins with folk remedies?
Until now, discussions have broken out among representatives of official and traditional medicine, whether folk remedies help with varicose veins. But most doctors are inclined to believe that in the initial stages and in combination with drugs, decoctions and ointments they give a good result. This disease most often manifests itself in people who spend the working day on their feet, so these funds are important to them as preventive measures.
When choosing the components it is recommended to buy those that are easy to prepare and can be stored for a long time in the cold. Folk remedies for varicose veins help:
- removes swelling;
- improves the elasticity of the venous walls;
- reduces blood viscosity, accelerates blood flow;
- normalizes loose valves.
Folk remedies against varicose veins
There are many recipes on how to treat varicose veins with folk remedies on the legs. With a heavy load on the limbs, it is recommended to pour cold water on them in the evening, take baths with broths, wipe sore spots with ice cubes. A contrast shower and swimming help strengthen the veins.
Long-standing folk remedies for varicose veins involve the use of herbs in:
- bells and whistles;
- rubbing with oil;
Herbs for varicose veins
The main component of such treatment is herbs, for varicose veins in the legs they are used both internally and externally, in combination with medicines and separately, but at the very beginning of the disease. During the disease, the vessels lose their elasticity, expand, decoctions and tinctures help restore metabolic processes, strengthen the walls of the capillaries.
The following treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies is recommended:
- Heat the burdock leaf in a water bath, apply hot on the sore spot, fix the compress overnight. You can repeat this for several days.
- Moisten a bandage with celandine juice and apply it to a swollen vein for 4 hours. The course is designed for one week.
- Prepare the chamomile broth, insist for half an hour. Do a compress at night.
Essential oils for varicose veins
Doctors recommend that even using herbs to observe the measure, many plants offering folk remedies for varicose veins on the legs contain toxic substances, an overdose of which can be harmful. Compresses and decoctions are more effective if you do therapeutic exercises, alternating with a contrast shower.
Proven experience in the treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies involves the use of essential oils, they remove pain and swelling, tone and strengthen blood vessels. They are added to baths, compresses and rubs. Recommended in blend with base oils: almonds, olive, avocado, cocoa, shea, coconut, almonds.
The best essential oils for the treatment of varicose veins:
Recipe for essential oil blends
- essential oil of juniper - 10 drops;
- peppermint essential oil - 10 drops;
- almond oil - 1 tbsp. tbsp.
- Melt the almond oil, cool.
- Mix with the essential.
- Rub sore spots in the evening.
Natural remedies for varicose veins
It is better to use natural folk remedies against varicose veins on the legs, the disease is well treated with a mixture of mummy, pollen and honey, the ratio is from 1 to 5 and 20. For a single dose, the mummy is put0. 3 g, the mixture is taken orally in the morning and in the evening, the course is designed for a month, so a 10-day break is required. Relieves pain and swelling, improves blood composition.
Effective treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies
For many years, the treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies such as flax decoction and apple cider vinegar has been popular. The latter contains more than 20 minerals useful for blood vessels, helps restore blood circulation, relieves swelling and strengthens the walls of the veins. It is recommended to take 1 tbsp. spoon for 1 tbsp. water on an empty stomach. Minus: you can not drink people with high acidity.
A similar situation: with lemon recipes, its juice increases the elasticity of blood vessels, it is recommended to drink 1 tablespoon per day. spoon. A good effect is given by treatment with folk remedies at home with the help of nettle tincture, which is also attributed a rejuvenating effect, thins the blood, improves blood flow.
Recipe of nettle spirit tincture
- dried nettle leaves - 6-7 tbsp. spoons;
- vodka - 0, 5 l.
- Pour the raw material with vodka, leave for 2-3 days.
- Drink 1 tbsp. spoon three times a day before meals.
Infusions for varicose veins
It is not for nothing that popular recipes for varicose veins pay special attention to nettle, it helps to get rid of the high number of platelets, which is extremely important in this disease. Since ancient times, a nettle broom was considered the best remedy, the movement had to go from the feet to the hips. The blood flow is strongly activated, but not everyone can tolerate such treatment. Therefore, there is a greater demand for an aqueous infusion from this plant.
Recipe for nettle infusion
- dried nettle leaves - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- water - 2 tbsp.
- Pour boiling water over the raw materials in a thermos.
- Insist 3-4 hours, drink one third of the volume three times a day.
Broths for varicose veins
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies from decoctions of flowers and fruits. The calculation is based on 30 g of raw materials per 1 liter of water, the mixture is boiled for half an hour, then used for baths or lotions. There are recipes for drinking, but you need to take it for at least 3 months, the effect does not appear immediately. Herbal teas help remove inflammation and improve the condition of the veins.
Recipes for decoctions for varicose veins for baths:
- White willow bark.Pour 75 g of dry raw material with 1 liter of water, cook for 30 minutes.
- Marigold flowers.Prepare 4 tbsp. spoons of dried flowers in 0, 5 liters of water, boil for 25-30 minutes.
Homemade ointment for varicose veins
For a long time, recipes for medicinal mixtures for such ailment have been passed down in families, and today many make an ointment for varicose veins with their own hands, folk remedies are very affordable. It is based on vegetable oils, doctors recommend more olive oil, which contains useful arachidonic acid. Diluted with animal fat, wormwood, willow bark, celandine are added from herbs. You can take a greasy baby cream as a base. Apply the mixture overnight, wash off with warm water in the morning.
But it is important to consider that such ointments are good for a mild form of the disease, if the disease has begun, more effective ingredients are needed. Folk remedies for varicose veins recommend horse chestnut, in its fruits there are many glycosides, which improve capillary permeability, blood circulation and remove inflammation.
Horse chestnut ointment recipe
- dried chestnut fruits - 6 pcs. ;
- dried chestnut flowers - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Grind fruits and flowers in a blender.
- Add 1 to 10 vegetable oil.
- Insist on darkness for 10 days.
- Boil for 40 minutes, cool.
- Lubricate sore spots 2 times a day.
Traditional effective methods for the treatment of varicose veins
Varicose veins are becoming more common in the population. There are many reasons for this: from immobility to vascular weakness and heredity. Modern medicine offers many remedies for this ailment. But many people prefer folk remedies for varicose veins. How effective they are will be discussed in the article.
Bandages, compresses and dressings
Indeed, there are many popular recipes for varicose veins. People have long understood that the real cures for many ailments are growing under our feet. And we learned how to use them correctly.
Among the alternative methods of treating varicose veins, there are several ways:
- tinctures for ingestion;
- herbal ointments;
- applications, etc.
Treatment of varicose veins at home involves both the alternative use of these methods and their simultaneous use.
Grated raw potatoes
It's easy to make a raw potato wrap, but it has to be fresh. The potatoes should be peeled, washed, grated, then placed on gauze or cloth (which should first be soaked in potato juice) and wrapped around the sore thighs. This compress should be kept for about four hours.
Many people know the recipe for the treatment of varicose veins with unripe tomatoes. There are a lot of positive reviews on the Internet, this tool really helps to get rid of varicose veins at home.
You need to take green tomatoes, cut each one lengthwise. Apply half a tomato on the affected areas, hold until a burning sensation.
It is better to be treated like this in the summer - winter tomatoes from the store will bring little benefit.
Then remove and place the other half. Repeat the procedure four times. After two weeks of using this remedy, swelling, pain and veins become less noticeable.
Products of bees
At home you can treat varicose veins with beekeeping products (propolis, honey). Folk recipes recommend making honey compresses for varicose veins. A layer of honey should be applied to the fabric, then wrapped around the affected leg.
Keep the tablet on the first day for two hours, the second - three, then - four. And then the compress should be left overnight. After 2 weeks of using this remedy, the symptoms of the disease disappear.
Dyes for rubbing and alcohol
In the treatment of varicose veins, rubbing and oral alcohol are also very effective.
This recipe for scrubbing with honey and onions helps with varicose veins:
- Take half a glass of honey, it should be herbs.
- Grate two onions.
- Mix honey, onion and grated soap.
- Rub the affected areas of the legs with this mixture, wrap them with foil.
- Bandage on top.
On the first step, remove the film after two hours, the second - after three, the next day - after four. So you can leave it overnight. The procedure must be done within ten days to get the best possible effect.
There are also other effective ways to prevent and treat varicose veins.
Fresh Kalanchoe leaves
Only fresh Kalanchoe leaves are needed to prepare the tincture. It should be enough to fill half a half liter jar. Then it is necessary to fill the raw material with vodka to the top, cap tightly, put in a dark place.
After two weeks, strain and rub the aching veins of the legs with the tincture. This must be done strictly every day, otherwise there will be no results. After a month, the stars will disappear.
The pungent-smelling roots of this marsh plant also help get rid of varicose veins. To prepare the tincture, you will need about 3 tablespoons of rosemary roots.
Pour vodka or alcohol, put in a cool place, protected from light for 2 weeks. Then strain, rub sore legs with this tincture every day for a month. Better to do this before going to bed. After two weeks, the result of the treatment will be evident.
Green and unripe walnuts are what you need to treat walnuts. They are removed from the tree in late June-early July. Walnuts must be peeled, ground in a coffee grinder or by hand.
Pour 100 grams into a bottle of vodka. It takes ten days to insist in a well-sealed container. Shake the container every day.
Strengthen the walls of blood vessels and capillaries, making them strong and flexible, preventing expansion or abnormal damage.
The dye can be used both internally and for rubbing. You need to drink it twenty drops three times a day half an hour before meals. Drink ten days, then take a break for the same number of days, then repeat the course.
This remedy well strengthens blood vessels, helps reduce swelling and pain, relieves heaviness in the legs. It is able to remove spider veins and prevent the appearance of new ones. Rub this tincture on your legs once a day, preferably before going to bed for a month.
Infusions and decoctions
Treatment with folk remedies involves the use of various decoctions, herbal infusions. There are so many of these recipes. There are some medicinal herbs that can cure varicose veins.
What herbs help with this ailment? First of all - horse chestnut. In each reference book there is the same information on how useful this plant is for varicose veins. It is able to strengthen the vascular wall, normalize blood circulation, relieve swelling, relieve pain and cramps.
This miracle plant only grows in the mountains. It is useless to look for him in the middle lane.
It looks like a tree with beautiful pink flowers and round, thorny fruits. They are used to prepare tinctures, decoctions, ointments, etc.
Contraindications for this beneficial plant:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- chronic liver and kidney diseases;
- age of children;
- hormonal imbalance.
In addition to horse chestnut, other medicinal plants are known for this disease:
- birch (bark and leaves);
- St. John's wort;
- white acacia;
- plantain, etc.
Can you suggest other recipes to cure the disease.
Infusion of Antonov apples
Antonov apples are distinguished by their delicate and unique aroma and sour taste. But few know that infusing them can help with this ailment. To prepare it, you will need 300 grams of Antonov apples.
You have to peel them, chop them, cut the apples. Together with the peel, chopped apples should be poured with a liter of water and put on low heat.
After the water is boiled, keep on the stove for another 20 minutes. Then cool, take half a cup of infusion three times before eating. A contraindication to taking this recipe is increased stomach acidity and a tendency to hypertension.
This recipe will require 50 grams of hop cones. They need to be poured with half a liter of boiling water, put on fire. After boiling, keep for a few more minutes.
The finished infusion will need to be rubbed into the skin of the legs from foot to knee for 3 months, twice a day.
Then remove from heat, drain, cool. Drink a quarter of a glass twice a day after meals. It is not possible to use this recipe for those suffering from low blood pressure, gastritis, pancreatitis.
For the treatment of this ailment, collections of different useful herbs are often used. But be sure to check for contraindications before using them.
Several commissions worth suggesting:
- Take the grass of yarrow, raspberry root, plantain, chamomile, horse chestnut in equal proportions. Pour half a liter of boiling water, put on fire. After boiling, remove, leave to infuse overnight. Drink a third of a glass twice a day.
- Horse chestnut, oak bark, birch bark, horsetail, astragalus, immortelle, Icelandic moss take in equal proportions, mix, pour a liter of boiling water, insist, strain, cool. Drink a quarter of a glass 4 p. per day.
- Take nettle, yarrow, St. John's wort, marshmallow root in equal quantities, pour a liter of boiling water, insist. Filter, drink half a glass after meals four times a day.
These recipes should be used for a month, then take a break. After that, you can repeat the course. However, you should beware of the manifestation of side effects when using these funds. Skin rashes or diarrhea may appear. In this case, the intake of herbs should be stopped.
Baths for varicose veins
In addition to using various infusions and rubs, you can do foot baths. At the same time, decoctions of herbs, various essential oils are added. It is good to add baking soda or apple cider vinegar to the water.
We can recommend the following preparation for the herbal bath:
Take herbs in equal quantities, pour a liter of boiling water, insist, filter. Pour into a bathtub (about 5 liters), lower your feet. The water shouldn't be very hot. Keep your feet until the water cools completely. Then apply a medicated ointment.
It should be remembered that this disease cannot be cured only with folk remedies. Make sure you are using the medicines prescribed by your doctor. Traditional medicine should help only the main treatment. Its advantage is in the minimum number of contraindications.
Treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies
One of the components of the complex therapy of varicose veins of the lower extremities is the use of methods of alternative medicine. There is an extensive list of traditional medicines that help reduce the symptoms of varicose veins quickly. They are also widely used for the prevention of pathology.
Folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs: the benefits and benefits
Varicose veins refer to vascular pathologies, the development of which can be fatal. Therefore, at the manifestation of the slightest signs of the disease, you should immediately seek qualified medical help.
Often in medical practice, at the initial stage of the development of the disease, phlebologists, along with drug therapy, recommend the use of traditional medicine. The high popularity of such methods of therapy is easily explained by a number of advantages:
- They have a strong therapeutic effect.
- Easy to use.
- The minimum list of contraindications.
- A large selection of products, allows you to individually choose the most suitable recipe for each case.
- The availability of folk remedies.
- Naturalness of the components.
- Having a pleasant aroma.
- Long-term preservation of medicinal properties.
- Possibility of combined use with methods of conservative therapy and different types of natural medicines.
Despite the high effectiveness of the treatment of varicose veins at home, there are a number of contraindications, in which the use of traditional medicine is strictly prohibited. These states include:
- Advanced stages of varicose veins.
- Individual intolerance to the components of a natural medicine.
- Dermatological rashes and other types of skin damage.
- Chronic disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, especially of the stomach and intestines.
- Diseases of the liver and kidneys.
Neglect of contraindications to the use of traditional medicine for varicose veins leads to an aggravation of the general state of health and the rapid development of the disease.
The treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies, with their correct and regular use, promotes:
- Elimination of pathological symptoms.
- Strengthen the venous walls and restore their elasticity.
- Normalization of blood and lymphatic flow processes.
- Relief from inflammatory processes formed in the affected areas of the veins
The use of traditional medicine in the treatment of varicose veins should be carried out exclusively in consultation with the attending physician. A specialist, taking into account the clinical picture of the disease and the general health of the patient, will select the most suitable drugs based on natural ingredients.
What helps with varicose veins on the legs
Unlike synthetic drugs, natural drugs have minimal negative effects on the body in the form of side effects. Therefore, before treating varicose veins with folk remedies, you should undergo a consultative examination with a phlebologist and a naturopath.
Specialists from a wide variety will help you choose the most suitable means for preparing medicines for both external and local use.
The following natural ingredients are most often used in the treatment of varicose veins on the legs:
- Nutmeg. Helps stimulate blood flow, reduce inflammation from affected areas of the venous walls. Used for the daily preparation of the infusion, which should be drunk every morning.
- Vegetable oils. The most effective is olive oil, which contains a high concentration of arachidonic acid. Under its influence, the tone of the vascular walls increases and their structure is strengthened. Oils are the basis of ointments for varicose veins.
- Essential oils: castor, linseed, black cumin, garlic and sandalwood. Used for balneotherapy and massage. Helps strengthen blood vessel walls and eliminate leg swelling.
- Beekeeping products: propolis, honey, podmore, bee venom. Used for the preparation of various types of medicines and procedures. This is due to the presence in their composition of a large number of useful substances that have a therapeutic effect on blood vessels and blood circulation.
- White cabbage. Contains a large amount of vitamins and minerals. Most often it is used to prepare compresses on the affected areas of the veins.
- Ginger. An effective folk remedy in the fight against varicose veins at any stage of the disease and during prevention. As a rule, it is used for the preparation of medicinal teas and compositions for compresses.
- Fish oil. Oral administration helps normalize metabolic processes in the body and stabilize body weight, which is important in the treatment of varicose veins. In addition, fat is effective as one of the components of the compress.
- Blue clay. It is the most optimal of all varieties, as it maximally affects the walls of the affected vessels and stabilizes the blood flow. It is used to create applications.
The list of traditional drugs used in the treatment of varicose veins on the legs is very large. Viburnum, pumpkin, lemon, potatoes, Adam's apple, hydrogen peroxide, sea salt, bodyaga and mummy also have a high therapeutic effect.
When treating varicose veins at home with folk remedies, it is important to have a systemic effect on the body, and in particular on the work of the organs of the circulatory system. An important factor is the strengthening of the general state of human health.
Medicines based on natural ingredients do a great job with these tasks. Oral intake of folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs helps to normalize blood flow in the body and improves its immune system.
Reception of folk remedies inside should be carried out exclusively as directed by a doctorMany drugs suitable for the treatment of varicose veins can cause serious complications in the functioning of other organs of the body.
Traditional medicine is not the main treatment for varicose veins in the legs. The systematic use of natural medicines can significantly accelerate the dynamics of recovery and improve the general condition of the vascular system.